The VETERANS BUSINESS OUTREACH CENTER at Gulf Coast State College
Proudly Empowering Veteran Entrepreneurship in Florida
Our Veterans Business Outreach Center (VBOC) serves active duty personnel, veterans, and military spouses who want to learn more about, then start and grow a small business of their own in the state of Florida. We serve the entire state of Florida from our headquarters in Panama City at Gulf Coast State College.
WHAT CAN THE VBOC DO FOR YOU?
We are your tax dollars at work. The VBOC is funded in part by the US Small Business Administration (SBA). We stand ready to help with FREE business counseling and assistance to Florida’s veterans and military spouses to help you.
- Test the feasibility and potential profitability of your start-up idea or expansion of an existing business.
- Write a solid business plan before you spend any money.
- Take the right steps to start and successfully manage a small business in Florida.
- Identify funding sources (banks, credit unions, non-traditional business lenders) and SBA loan programs. VBOC is not a lender nor do we represent any lenders.
- Understand business taxes and your financial statements.
- Develop marketing and customer acquisition strategies to grow your business.
- Consider government contracting and take advantage of your veteran-owned small business status in procurement at all levels (federal, state and local).