Age of Startup Founders and Entrepreneurs
- While the common thought is that all startups are teenagers and in their 20s, reports show that the average founding team is aged between 35 and 54 years old. At the same time, the companies with an average age of 35 to 44, have the highest median funding of startup founders.
- Based on startup founders and their previous titles, 39% were previous CEOs/Founders, while 28% were a mix of various titles outside of upper management, director and manager positions. Based on education, More than 60% of founders had little to no college experience.
Best Cities to Start a Business
- California, New York and Florida are known as the hot spots of internet and business activity within the U.S. However, the top five locations for actually starting a new business are Austin, Miami, San Jose, Los Angeles and Denver!
Startup Finding and Investors
- There is a massive amount of money being poured into startups and the numbers only continue to rise.
- With $17.10 billion in Q2 of 2015, this number is expected to increase to $18 billion by Q3 of 2015.
- The total amount of venture capital invested in 2015 will surpass $32 billion.
- There were over 1800 venture capital deals in 2015, which an average of $16.91 million to each of them.
- Angel investors spend the most of their time and resources on “internet” and “mobile & telecommunications” businesses.
- California represents 18.2% of all angel investments in 2015.
The success of your startup relies in the pre-planning and actual business model of your startup. If you are still in the pre-planning phases, this startup infographic will also help you on your way.